NHS LAMBETH CCG BANNER

Diabetes

#1 by Kathryn , Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:31 pm

At a meeting this morning I found out that far too many people in Lambeth with diabetes end up in hospital .... Why? Whats happening or not happening?

Kathryn  
Kathryn
Date registered 08.21.2013

RE: Diabetes

#2 by Raj Mitra , Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:49 am

I think we need to find new ways for people with Diabetes to look after themselves better. I see so many patients who do not still understand their Diabetes and do not realize the dangers of high sugar levels and the terrible complications they will suffer if they do not have better control of their Diabetes. I would invest more in community Diabetics nurses and doctors, patient education groups and peer support as primary care is struggling with the huge number of people with Diabetes we are having to support.

Raj Mitra  
Raj Mitra
Date registered 08.15.2013

#3 by Kathryn , Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 pm

In Lambeth we've had a Diabetes project in place for the last couple ofg years. Whats been the learning from that? Specifically on patient education and information? Is there something we should be doing differently, more / less of?

Kathryn  
Kathryn
Date registered 08.21.2013

#4 by Nicola , Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 am

The DMI have finally recruited 8 great Lambeth local people as Community Diabetes champions , as suggested by the Patients Forum,
Really hope that these wonderful volunteers and the Forum are used as learning mentors for the clinicians.
Would love for the Academic Health Science network who have lots more dosh , invest in community assets for improving diabetes and co learning with clinicians , rather than in bonuses and rewards on short term measures.

Cannot add the link, but find CLAHRC/ DIMPLE for good learning on using people with diabetes as assets, or ask me!

Nicola  
Nicola
Date registered 08.29.2013

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Making active travel the norm

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor